CCV will be sending a team of child sponsors to the city of Monteria, Colombia to visit their sponsor kiddos.
As a Child sponsor, you will have the opportunity to visit a mature Compassion Child Development center so that you can see the type of program your sponsored child is afforded, do home visits, attend classes and church with the kids in the community and do children's activities with the whole group.
As an active child sponsor, you will have the privilege of spending quality time with the child you sponsor in Colombia.
- The primary objective of this trip is for Compassion Child Sponsors to visit their sponsored child.
- This trip is not campus specific. You can sign up for this trip no matter what CCV campus you go to!
- The location of the trip will not impact your ability to visit your child. If you kiddo is in the region, it'll make it easier and cheaper, but Compassion will travel your child to meet you wherever you are.
- This trip will visit Compassion development centers in Colombia - not necessarily any of the churches that CCV helped plant.
- If none of the Colombia trips in 2018 work for you, we'll continue to add trips for 2019. Registration for those trips will open in Fall of 2018.
MORE INFORMATION: Colombia Sponsor Tour June 2018.pdf
Trip dates: June 20-25, 2018
Team Leader: Cecilia Hernandez, CCV Staff
Who can go? This trip is for people that go to CCV who is an active child sponsor of a child in Colombia through Compassion International. AGE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum age to travel will be 10 years old. A child aged 10-15 must travel with a parent, ratio 1:1. Minors aged 16-17 may travel without a parent. Age 18 is considered an adult.
Registration deadline: March 21, 2018
What is the cost? $1,750
Includes: Airfare, Hotel, and Transportation, Health Insurance, Meals in country, visit with sponsor child,
Not included in the trip fee that you will need to pay on your own: Passport Fee, Luggage Fees, Meals on Travel Days
TEAM MEETINGS: The team will be required to meet for minimum three team meetings for training-
- April 14, 2018, 11:30am-2:00pm
- Apri 28, 2018, 11:30am-2:00pm
- May 12, 2018, 11:30am-2:00pm
- Meetings will be held at Peoria Campus, building 4000.
We absolutely encourage fundraising. Very few people pay for the trip on their own. Number 1 way is to share this opportunity with your friends and family and ask them to participate with you by helping you get there!
Fundraising Guide that can give you ideas and get you started. 2018FundraisingGuide.pdf
Support Covenant form available to send family and friends: Support Covenant Form - Updated 11.2018.pdf
How to make payments and receive donations from donors: How to Donations and Payments w FAQ 2018.pdf