CCV will be sending a small team of active child sponsors to El Reten, Colombia to visit the church plant community that CCV Surprise partners with.
As a Child sponsor, the child you sponsor will be BROUGHT TO VISIT YOU. It doesn't matter where in Colombia they are, the Compassion team will arrange their travel.
The team will have the opportunity to visit the community, do home visits, attend classes and church with the kids in the community and do children's activities with the whole group.
As an active child sponsor, you will have the privilege of spending a full day with the child you sponsor in Colombia.
Trip dates: October 2-7, 2019
Registration - You can register by clicking the red Register button to the right.
Registration deadline: June 17, 2019 at midnight
Team Leader: CCV Surprise staff, TBD
This is a great Colombia trip option for:
- Active child sponsors who sponsor a kid in Colombia through Compassion International.
- Anyone who wants to visit the church plant that CCV's Surprise campus helped plant in El Reten, Colombia.
- Ideal if the child you sponsor lives in NE Colombia, nearest to Santa Marta. This will make it easiest to travel the child to see you.
- Ideal if the child you sponsor is from the community in El Reten, Colombia and Child Development Center CO0801.
- How do I know where my sponsored child lives.pdf
What is the cost? $1,750
Includes: Airfare, Hotel, and Transportation, Health Insurance, Meals in country, visit with sponsor child,
Not included in the trip fee that you will need to pay on your own: Passport Fee, Luggage Fees, Meals on Travel Days
Requirements listed below:
Failure to commit to these requirements means CCV has the right to ask you not to participate in the trip.
- Compassion International also has a registration, waiver, and background check process you will complete that will be due by their deadline.
- Passport must be valid and in hand by August. Cannot expire before April 2020.
- Complete a full CCV volunteer application with background check, references, and interview.
- Attend CCV's Starting Point class (if you haven't already been)
- Attend all pre-trip preparation meetings - August 17, August 24, August 31. Times and Location TBD.