CCV shows up in times of crisis.
While our church, our city, and our nation have been in a whirlwind the last few months "pivoting" in these "unprecedented" times, our CCV missions team has been actively touching base, checking in, and supporting our global and local partners. Everyone is struggling. This is a global event, this pandemic, this economic upheaval. We are wise to not forget the men and women, brothers and sisters around the globe. When you already live with food insecurity, material poverty, lack of clean water, lack of healthcare opportunities, a global pandemic can put you over the top. Brothers and sisters in churches around the world are trying to find hope and peace. The Light of the World is shining bright.
Here's a summary of what we've been able to impact here in our own city:
- CCV ordered thousands of N-95 Masks and bottles of Hand Sanitizer that were given to Banner Hospital, Nursing Homes in Chandler, North Valley, and Peoria, an orthodontist office, Phoenix Rescue Mission, Navajo Nation Ministry.
- Outdoor camping supplies, snacks, and clothing for Circle the City Homeless Organization.
- Bottled water donation to Navajo Nation ministry.
- First Responder Appreciation outreach - helping individual families in times of need.
- Several hundred pounds of food and drinks distributed to families in our community through H.E.L.P. (Homeless Engagement Lift Partnership)